Friday, March 30, 2012

We started working on money this week. It was also our last week before spring break. (Smiles) The kids were definitely ready for a little artistic outlet. So a few of us in first grade decided to do this piggy bank project. We got these cute pigs from Oriental Trading Company. The pigs started like this:
Then we painted the base coat.
Next we decorated them and put on the eyes.
What a colorful group of pigs.
And of course because we can't do anything without a learning outcome I made up a tally data sheet to record how many pigs we had of each color and a graphing page with questions. I will put these sheets together in a nice little package and post them on my TPT store for you to download for free if you are interested in doing this in your class. The kids loved having these to take home before spring break. My good friend Laura over at Over the 1st Grade Rainbow did these pigs too. You can check them out there and see some of her other cute spring activities.
Hooray for a much needed break. Looking forward to a little recharge to help me be at my best for all my little friends.

3 comments: